11 July 2010

42265 - Surrounded by idiots


Yes, I am surrounded by idiots. And I am talking about you, you American idiot.

You who name some games between 2 national baseball leagues, the world series. Don't you know that the world exist out of more countries then the USA, you idiot.

But indeed you don't know much about the world. You think that when I say I am Dutch, that I am from Denmark and speak Deutsch. Don't you know thats an insult to me, you idiot.

We Dutch people dislike the German people. Indeed we are not so political correct over there in the Old World, we really dislike them. And no, that has nothing to do with the war. That was before my times. It all has to do with the lost world cup soccer final in 1974. Yes indeed, I was only 2 years old and shouldn't be aware of that fact either. Except every parent in NL will imprint that national trauma in their kids (I still see you father turning white, when Germany scored).

And now we are talking about insulting me. Why do you write on my flag. Indeed you idiot, that Red/White/Blue flag is from my country and you shouldn't write on it. Oh and if you question why we are playing in Orange instead of our national colours. Well Oranje (orange) is the last name of our queen, queen Beatrix van Oranje. Indeed we have a queen and we like her, you idiot.

And did you know that my country is called the Netherlands, thats because its below sea level. Holland is just 2 provinces, which I have never lived in, you idiot, don't call it that way. Oh and you idiot, Amsterdam is not synonym for drugs, it has amazing museums too. And yes, we have legal drugs, legal prostitution, legal abortion, legal euthanasia and legal guy marriage. Oh and free health care, free education, 40hr work weeks and 7 weeks of vacation. The way it should be, you idiot.

Do you know when you ask me what I am doing today, July 11, 2010 I think you are an idiot. Do you know that the rest of the world does know what I am doing today, you idiot. Do you know that when we talk about the game today, we talk about the World cup final, and you shouldn't think: baseball?, football?, ice-hockey?, basketball? There is soccer too, you idiot.

Its good that there are some light points though. My former CEO is working from home today, well he is Dutch. My brother wishes me luck, well he is from Ukraine and grew up in Canada. My friend T sends me an email that he is wearing orange today, well he is from Alaska and thats now for sure not part of the USA. They know. Thank you.

The one I should thank the most though is H. Not American but Canadian and she knows the game from inside out. Thank you for letting me come to Salida. Thank you for watching the game with me. Thank you for arranging a quite place with a big television. Thank you for your friend, who was cheering very quietly (for Spain). Thank you for being my friend in this country full of idiots.

And you idiot, if you even care about the result of the World cup soccer final between Spain and the Netherlands. Here it is. We lost.

Its so nice to vent my emotions for once. That helps at least a little bit with the disappointment.

Dag,
   Iris (Salida, 42265 miles)