10 November 2010

50259 - Again a birthday


Time flies, my 38th birthday and the second on the road. How can I make this day special after all these adventures from the last year(s)? Somehow we succeed, Selkirks Mountains!

It took a while to get here. When the description said, make a right turn after 0.8 km, all I see is bushes. N who is driving, sees however an overgrown old logging road.


Also finding the trail head turned out to be a challenge.


And where the Fairy Meadow hut is...


New energy made us continue the next day.


And on my birthday, I wake up besides the one I love.


I get coffee while watching the sunrise from my sleeping bag.


We go for a hike.


And indicate all the peaks for the next time (ski or climb)?


Back at the hut...


Soup and Sauna !


I am again simply happy. This was a special amazing birthday!


Dag,
   Iris (Fairy Meadows, 50259 miles)