31 August 2009

15371 - Vacation


The first day after leaving new friends always feels lonely and its a day I just have to sit out. After leaving the City of Rocks the feeling however stays with me for more then 1 day and I start longing for the familiar, for a break of my travel.


And so I drive in 2 days back to the Bay Area for a 2 week vacation and submerge myself in the warmth of my friends and family. We kayak, climb, mountainbike and hike. And of course we eat the incredible diversity of food in the Bay Area. I have very spicy beef noodle soup with all my former co-workers, sushi and steak with Tore, Google lunch with my little brother, Pho, Korean, Indian, Mexican, American and ofcourse Chinese with different friends. Its good to be back.

I the meantime I am pondering for a while already with some thoughts...When I seek for some advice the answer is quick and straight: "Hey babe. Well you know that I will tell you to stop the high tech life and do what your doing, for thats all I do. Its a good life cruising around and picking up odd jobs. Been doing it for 9 years. But thats my advice. Do it babe." Who can ignore that. I don't think I can stop the high tech life forever, its also part of me, but for now....for the next year(s)...

And so for one day I am reducing my storage space from two containers into one, via a complicated 3D puzzle. However its much easier to trow stuff away after living with hardly anything in a car. I lower the coverage on my car insurance and sell a bike. That feels good. Lets travel a little bit longer.



Dag,
   Iris (Redwood city, 15371 miles)